Many users of iOS and Windows say that they are facing an issue where they
get a message saying ‘a device attached to the system is not functioning’.
This error is very common and occurs due to the reason that your computer is not
properly communicate with your iOS device. This can happen due to many
reasons such as
- Your iPhone or iPad is not attached properly
- Your USB port may not be working properly
- Maybe you have a faulty USB cable
This error pops up when you try to transfer photos and videos from iPhone or
iPad to your Windows PC. If you too are facing this issue, then continue
reading the article as we have mentioned the fix for the same.
- First of all, try to reconnect your device to the PC by unplugging it and
then plugging it back again. Try another USB port or maybe another USB
- Reboot both your iOS device and PC.
- Open your iOS device settings and go to photos and locate ‘transfer to
Mac or PC’ section. After that, select ‘keep originals’ option.
- You can try switching from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 port on your PC.
- Try to update your iTunes to the latest version on your computer.
The above fixes may solve the error that you are facing. If the error message
still pops up, contact Apple support team for help.
If you are using an iPhone or iPad or iPod, you must be creating back up of
your data so that you don’t lose the important information. Though backups
are important, but you may want to delete the old ones so as to free up some
space in the iCloud.
Generally, these backups are deleted by going to settings and iCloud and then
choosing storage and manage storage tab. But sometimes you see an error
message saying ‘cannot delete backup’ when you attempt to delete the
If you too are facing the same issue, then just follow the following fixes to
solve this problem.
1. Restart your device by pressing the sleep/ wake button.
2. Now, you can follow the following steps –
- First of all, open settings and go to iCloud and open Backup. Then
turn off the ‘iCloud Backup’.
- Now, go to iCloud and then storage and manage storage. You
choose the backup that you are not able to delete.
- You will notice a spinning wheel indicating that iCloud is busy
performing the operation.
- You have to wait for some time until the cursor is gone.
- Now, attempt to delete the backup.
3. Try to logout of the iCloud and then log in back after a few seconds.
4. Try to turn off the iCloud Backup for few seconds and then turn it back
5. You can also try to remove your backup from any other device. For
example, you can use your Mac to delete the backup.
6. Try to reset your iOS device by pressing the sleep and home button at the
7. Also make sure you have the latest version of iOS on your device. You can
open system update in the settings to find the latest version.
Many of the users find the two-factor authentication annoying and feel like
turning it off. They may have many concerns about wanting to turn off the two-factor authentication, despite the fact that it enhances the security of your
account. Two-factor authentication makes it a little more difficult for anybody
else to sign in to your apple account.
So, if you are willing to turn off the two-factor authentication, then you are at
the right place. Here in this article, we are going to see how to disable the two-factor authentication without any hassle.
Disabling two-factor authentication
Is it even possible to disable two-factor authentication? Well, the answer is
maybe but the chances are that you cannot. If it is turned on, you can turn it
off within 2 weeks. To do so, just go to apple.com and then click on manage my
account. From over there, you can turn it off. Just follow the factors mentioned
below to disable two-factor authentication.
- First of all, go to www.appleid.apple.com
- Now, type your Apple ID as well as the password and press the login
- Now, locate the Security section and tap on edit.
- Now, tap on ‘turn off two-factor authentication’. They will ask you to
confirm whether you wish to turn off the two-factor authentication. Just
press the continue button to confirm.
In case you are not able to find this option, then it simply means it that you
cannot turn off the two-factor authentication feature. This is because it has
been on for more than 2 weeks. If you want to know why you cannot turn this
feature off after two weeks then continue reading the article.
Why you cannot turn off the two-factor authentication after 2 weeks?
As you know that your account is more secure when the two-factor
authentication feature is turned on as no one can access the account even if they know the password. Many iOS apps and tools need this extra level of security to protect sensitive data.
Keep in mind that two-factor authentication and two-step
verification is not the same stuff. The latter is the older security
method than the former one.
If you wish to turn off the two-step verification, you can do so
following the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, go to www.appleid.apple.com.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password to
log in to your account.
- Now, locate the ‘Security’ section on your screen.
- Tab on Edit button and press ‘Two-step verification’.
- You will be asked whether you wish to turn off the two-step
verification or not? Just press on Confirm to disable the two-
In case you are running on iOS 11 or later or macOS High Sierra, you
will be automatically updated from the two-step verification to two
step authentication feature.