Many users of iOS and Windows say that they are facing an issue where they
get a message saying ‘a device attached to the system is not functioning’.
This error is very common and occurs due to the reason that your computer is not
properly communicate with your iOS device. This can happen due to many
reasons such as
- Your iPhone or iPad is not attached properly
- Your USB port may not be working properly
- Maybe you have a faulty USB cable
This error pops up when you try to transfer photos and videos from iPhone or
iPad to your Windows PC. If you too are facing this issue, then continue
reading the article as we have mentioned the fix for the same.
- First of all, try to reconnect your device to the PC by unplugging it and
then plugging it back again. Try another USB port or maybe another USB
- Reboot both your iOS device and PC.
- Open your iOS device settings and go to photos and locate ‘transfer to
Mac or PC’ section. After that, select ‘keep originals’ option.
- You can try switching from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 port on your PC.
- Try to update your iTunes to the latest version on your computer.
The above fixes may solve the error that you are facing. If the error message
still pops up, contact Apple support team for help.