If you are using an iPhone or iPad or iPod, you must be creating back up of
your data so that you don’t lose the important information. Though backups
are important, but you may want to delete the old ones so as to free up some
space in the iCloud.
Generally, these backups are deleted by going to settings and iCloud and then
choosing storage and manage storage tab. But sometimes you see an error
message saying ‘cannot delete backup’ when you attempt to delete the
If you too are facing the same issue, then just follow the following fixes to
solve this problem.
1. Restart your device by pressing the sleep/ wake button.
2. Now, you can follow the following steps –
- First of all, open settings and go to iCloud and open Backup. Then
turn off the ‘iCloud Backup’.
- Now, go to iCloud and then storage and manage storage. You
choose the backup that you are not able to delete.
- You will notice a spinning wheel indicating that iCloud is busy
performing the operation.
- You have to wait for some time until the cursor is gone.
- Now, attempt to delete the backup.
3. Try to logout of the iCloud and then log in back after a few seconds.
4. Try to turn off the iCloud Backup for few seconds and then turn it back
5. You can also try to remove your backup from any other device. For
example, you can use your Mac to delete the backup.
6. Try to reset your iOS device by pressing the sleep and home button at the
7. Also make sure you have the latest version of iOS on your device. You can
open system update in the settings to find the latest version.