Do you get a lot of calls from the unknown callers who are spammers or
telemarketers with ‘No caller ID’? If might probably want to block these calls
as you cannot identify the number of the caller before you answer it. You will
see these calls labelled as anonymous, private or blocked.
You get these calls as in the USA, the FCC or Federal Communications Commission
commands that the cellular carries let people block their caller ID, hence no
caller ID. But the users may want to hide their telephone numbers intentionally
due to the privacy reasons.
There are various telemarketers and spammers who use the No caller ID as
they do not wish to be known.
But here is some good news for you that you can block these callers and
Here in this article, we are going to see what you can do to block the No caller
ID calls that you are receiving on your phone. There are 2 ways to do so, let us
have a look at each of them one by one.
Method 1 – Do not disturb
You can use the Do Not Disturb mode to block the calls from unknown callers.
The Do Not Disturb mode allows you to silence calls. If you wish to turn on the
Do Not Disturb mode, just follow the steps mentioned below –
- Open settings and go to do not disturb.
- Select manual and then you can turn on the Do Not Disturb mode.
- If Do Not Disturb mode is on, you will notice a moon icon in the status
- If you want to receive calls from your contact, just select ‘allow calls
from’ and then select ‘all contacts.
By doing so, you will silent all the calls from the numbers which are not added
in your address book. The ‘no caller ID’ calls will automatically be silenced now
as they are not in your contact list.
Make a note that the calls from ‘no caller ID’ are just silenced and not blocked.
You will still get the calls in Do not Disturb mode.
Method 2 – using contacts
First of all, you have to create a new contact with the name ‘no caller ID’.
- Open your phone app and press contacts tab.
- Now, press the + button to add a new contact.
- In the phone number field, type 000-000-0000.
- After that press the done button.
- Now, press the block this caller tab. You will see a message warning that
you won’t receive phone calls or messages or FaceTime from the people
who are on your block list. Just press the block contact option to block
Methods 3 – block No caller ID calls
If you truly want to block a number from reaching you, it can be done at the
Most of the cellular carriers have an option to block the calls that you want.
Here is how you can do this.
- Blocking calls with no caller ID (AT & T)
- Block anonymous callers (T mobile)
- Anonymous call block (Verizon)
- How do I activate anonymous call rejection (Bright House)
Though, some carriers such as Sprint do not provide this feature, as of now.
You can ask your carrier provider if they have this option or not.