Many iOS users have complained that they are getting an error when they
attempt to update their iPhone or iPad. It has become one of the most
common errors faced by iOS users while updating their device.
To update your iPhone or iPad you just have to open settings and go to the general
tab. Now, choose a software update to update your device. If you are unable to
do so, then it can be due to many possible reasons.
We all know that Apple provides regular updates for iOS devices. They are
released through over-the-air-software updates. They are basically meant for
fixing the bugs and providing some additional features and improvements.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that you install updates when they are
If you are not able to install the update on your iPhone or iPad, then no need
to worry. Here in this article, we have mentioned how you can fix the iOS
1. First of all, you must reboot your iOS device as this is the most common
fix to solve many such bugs.
2. Also, see if you have enough space to download and install the update on
your iOS device. If you don’t have enough space on your device, you
have to create some. Just go to settings and then open general and then
Storage & iCloud usage and lastly manage storage. You can also turn on
the iCloud photo library as it will compress the size of your photo library.
3. You can also try to remove and download the iOS update by following
the following steps –
- Go to manage storage in the settings of your device.
- Now choose the iOS update and delete the update.
- Now, open settings and then general and then software update. Now,
try to install the update again.
4. Try installing the update through iTunes by following the steps
mentioned below –
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
- Open iTunes and connect your iDevice using the USB.
- Now, choose your device and click on the summary.
- Now choose the check for update option.
- Just press the download and update option.
- Enter the passcode if prompted.
5. Try to force restart your device
- If you are using iPhone 7 or newer, you have to press and hold the
sleep/wake button along with the volume down until you see the Apple logo
- If you are using iPhone 6s or lower, press and hold the sleep/wake
button along with the Home button until you see the Apple logo on your
6. You can also use the iOS IPSW File to update your iDevice. However, this
fix is for the advanced users only.
- First of all, download IPSW file for your iDevice on your PC.
- Now, connect your iDevice to your PC.
- Now, you have to open iTunes and then choose the summary tab.
- Now, if you are using Windows, just press the shift key and if you are
using Mac press the Alt/Option key and then select Update.
- Now, you will have to locate and choose the IPSW file that you have
downloaded for your device.
- This will update the iOS device that you want to update.