Many users have complained that they are not able to make backups using
the iCloud. They say they get an error message saying that the files are missing.
The alert message says ‘some files were unavailable during the last backup’.
It is a good idea to use iCloud, which is the cloud storage service of Apple, as a
backup location. You can back up your device wirelessly using your Wi-Fi
network. Therefore, there is no need to use manual backups using iTunes.
If your iPhone or iPad is locked and connected to a power source and Wi-Fi, it
will conduct automatic backup. However, you must have turned on the iCloud
The error ‘some files were unavailable during the last backup’ can arise due to
many reasons. If you are facing this issue, you can try to back up your iPhone
using iTunes by following these steps –
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Now, open iTunes and choose your device.
- Simply press the ‘Back up now’ button to back up your device.
FIXES – SOME FILES WERE UNAVAILABLE DURING THE LAST BACKUP
- Reboot your device and then try to carry out the backup.
- This error may also come up when some app is running continuously so,
you must kill all the apps in the background.
- This error may also indicate that your connection was lost for some time
during your last iCloud backup. If this is the reason, try to back up your
device your iTunes and then use iCloud.
- Try to delete your old backup and then try again.
- Try to force restart your device by pressing the wake button along with
the home button until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- Ensure that you have ample of iCloud storage. If you lack storage, try to
delete old backups, photos, videos and other files.
- Open iCloud and tap on Apple ID and sign in and wait for a few seconds.
Now, sign out and then try to sign in back again.
- Try to remove the network settings. Just open settings and go to general
and then reset and then reset network settings. This will remove all your
settings like your Wi-Fi passwords etc.
- Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of your iOS on your
iPad and iPhone. Just open settings and go to general and software
This may solve your issue that you are facing on your iPhone and iPad. You can
try the above fixes one by one and see which one works best for you.